UPDATE: The initial inquiry process has CLOSED!
To receive information about the program, please read below.
The initial application period has closed, and we are reviewing all the inquiry forms. To date, we have received more than 3,500 applications for the 125 slots available. Eligible and ineligible applicants should have been notified. Eligible applicants must have an application submitted by January 22nd, 2024.
Please continuously check the website for updates.
If you need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrive Prince George’s is a two-year, $4 million guaranteed-income pilot that seeks to provide greater economic stability and mobility for families in Prince George’s County. This initiative is made possible through a public-private partnership between the Greater Washington Community Foundation, Prince George’s County’s Executive Office and Council and the Meyer Foundation.
About the Program:
- Targeted Support: Thrive Prince George's will provide $800 monthly payments to selected individuals, specifically over 125 seniors (60+ years). These payments will be made for 24 months and are unconditional, with no employment requirements and will be administered through United Communities Against Poverty (UCAP).
- Funding: This $4 million initiative is a collaboration of public and private funds, showcasing the power of community partnerships in addressing local needs.
Impact and Vision:
- Proven Success: Similar programs have shown significant positive outcomes, including improved financial stability, housing security, health, and employment opportunities.
- A Step Towards Equality: By reducing the racial wealth gap, this program aligns with broader efforts to promote fairness and opportunity in Prince George’s County.
- As a proud partner, UCAP will be instrumental in participant recruitment, selection, and management of the payments to eligible Seniors participating in Thrive Prince George’s. We are committed to ensuring that the benefits of this program reach those in need, complementing existing support systems.
UCAP's Focus: We prioritize senior citizens aged 60 and above. If you're under 60 and interested in the program, please visit CASA's website for further details.
Our Partners Focus:
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/Prince George’s County is proud to partner with Thrive Prince George’s to provide guaranteed income to up to 50 youth who emancipated from Prince George’s County foster care between 2020 and 2022.
Only individuals who are 18-24 years old and emancipated from Prince George’s County are eligible to participate in this program.
If you believe you fit this criteria, please click here to complete an inquiry form. If you qualify, one of our staff members will reach out to contact you. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information about Thrive Prince George’s, visit www.thecommunityfoundation.org.
Disclaimer: Submitting this form does not guarantee enrollment in the program. Please allow our team sufficient time to review all inquiries, as this program is highly sought after.