The Development Department Coordinator is responsible for supporting directors of the
Development Departments. The professional will help these department to help them
stay organized and complete tasks that allow them to focus on more advanced
responsibilities. Their duties organizing meetings for Administrators, greeting office
visitors and composing documents on behalf of the Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as the point of contact for the department.
* Recruit and evaluate programmatic outcomes.
* Answer phones and greet customers.
* Schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
* Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
* Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
* Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
* Manage accounts and perform booking.
* Works on the advertisement and marketing to promote fundraising events using flyers, advertisements and digital marketing outreach.
* Coordinate fundraising events and activities planning to execution.
* Work directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Community outreach, marketing and public relations; public speaking
* Attention to detail to record-keeping, file management, real estate transaction legal documents
QUALIFICATIONS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
* Associate degree or a combination of education, training and work experience in lieu of degree requirement will be considered in the fields of Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Community Planning, Economics, Marketing, Communications, other related field; or experience in the housing development, administration or housing counseling industries.
* Foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners
* Work closely with social media department to establish plans for marketing events and programs.
* Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives.
* Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
* Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and sponsors.
* Ability to generate interest in the company or program and reach out to appropriate business partners.
* Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to work a flexible schedule and possess reliable methods of transportation
* Experience working with a diverse population
(Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
This work is primarily sedentary, and may require some lifting (up to 15 lbs.) and include occasional travel to off-site meeting/sponsor locations.
Requirements: To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources.
Resume and cover letter may be submitted via the website or fax to (301) 322-3381.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
United Communities Against Poverty, Inc. (UCAP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UCAP is committed to a diverse workplace and does not discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, military status, veteran status, or other non-merit reasons.